Sunday 1 January 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Par habitude, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1911 ?
- Audrey Wurdemann: American poet and author (d. 1960).
- Basil Dearden: English director producer and screenwriter (d. 1971).
- Necdet Kent: Turkish diplomat (d. 2002).
- Roman Totenberg: Polish-American violinist and educator (d. 2012).
- Jason Lotterhand: American occultist and author, one of the Builders of the Adytum during the mid-20th century resurgence of interest in Christian mysticism.
- Hank Greenberg: American professional baseball player in the 1930s and 1940s. A first baseman primarily for the Detroit Tigers, Greenberg was one of the premier power hitters of his generation. Greenberg was a five-time All-Star, was twice named the American League's Most Valuable Player, and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1956.
- Raoul Marias: Oriolles Military man
- Northern Territory is separated from South Australia and transferred to Commonwealth control.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?