Tuesday 1 March 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terrence "Cardinal" Cooke New York City and Richard Wilbur second US Poet Laureate (Ceremony.
The Nut, directed by Theodore Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1921 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Terrence "Cardinal" Cooke New York City: New York.
- Richard Wilbur second US Poet Laureate (Ceremony: Walking to Sleep).
- Jack Clayton Brighton East Sussex England: film director (Great Gatsby, Something Wicked This Way Comes).
- Kenneth Myer: American-born Australia businessman and philanthropist.
- Cameron Argetsinger: American race car driver and lawyer (d. 2008).
- Nicholas Petrovic Njegos King of Montenegro (1910-18): dies at age 79.
- Sailors revolt in Kronstadt Russia.
- Rwanda ceded to England.
- The Australian cricket team captained by Warwick Armstrong becomes the first team to complete a whitewash of The Ashes, something that would not be repeated for 86 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fare Thee Honey Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
- I'm a Lonesome Little Raindrop - Frank Crumit
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?