Tuesday 1 March 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Nut, directed by Theodore Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1921 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Cameron Argetsinger: American race car driver and lawyer (d. 2008).
- Terence Cooke: American cardinal archbishop (Born 1921).
- Richard Wilbur: American poet and academic.
- Terrence "Cardinal" Cooke New York City: New York.
- Richard Wilbur second US Poet Laureate (Ceremony: Walking to Sleep).
- Jack Clayton Brighton East Sussex England: film director (Great Gatsby, Something Wicked This Way Comes).
- Kenneth Myer: American-born Australia businessman and philanthropist. Myer was born the eldest son of a successful merchant family who owned the well-known Myer's Department store in Melbourne, Australia. He enjoyed a privileged childhood while his father built a retail empire. Sadly his dad died in 1934, while young Kenneth was only 13. Nevertheless, Sidney had made his mark on Australian society as a successful businessman and philanthropist. During WWII, Kenneth served in the Royal Australian Navy. Followi
- Nicholas Petrovic Njegos King of Montenegro (1910-18): dies at age 79.
- Sailors revolt in Kronstadt Russia.
- Rwanda ceded to England.
- The Australian cricket team captained by Warwick Armstrong becomes the first team to complete a whitewash of The Ashes, something that would not be repeated for 86 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm a Lonesome Little Raindrop - Frank Crumit
- Fare Thee Honey Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?