Friday 1 October 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Gardini and Andreas Keller.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Agony and the Ecstasy, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Donaug'schichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1965 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Andrea Gardini: Italian pro volleyball player and member of the Italian Men's team who won the Bronze Medal at the Atlanta Olympics 8/04/1996.
- Andreas Keller: German field hockey player.
- Ted King: American actor.
- Cindy Margolis: American model and spokesmodel.
- Chris Reason: Australian journalist.
- Cliff Ronning: Vancouver, British Columbia -- NHL center (Vancouver Canucks)
- Failed coup under lt col Untung in Indonesia
- General Suharto crushes an attempted coup in Indonesia.
- Apostasia of 1965, a political move in Greece designed to overthrow the Prime Minister, George Papandreou.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?