Tuesday 5 October 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Keller Jr and Paul Moloney.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Bedford Incident, directed by James B. Harris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Donaug'schichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1965 ?
- John Keller Jr: Toledo, Ohio -- Team handball back court (1996 Olympics).
- Paul Moloney: Melbourne, Victoria -- Golfer.
- Penny Baker: Buffalo, New York -- Playmate (January, 1984).
- Richey Reneberg: Phoenix, Arizona -- Tennis star (1995 Australian doubles).
- Mario Lemieux in Montreal: Quebec, Canada; NHL Pittsburgh Penguin (number 66) high scorer.
- Trace Armstrong: NFL defensive end (Miami Dolphins)
- Mario Lemieux: Canadian-American hockey player, the pre-eminent star of his game with effortless ease. He is fast and strong, 6' 4", 210 lbs, a center with the Pittsburgh Penguins. When first drafted from French Canada, he was shy to enter the alien world of Pittsburgh hockey. The strong, silent type, he is dark and good-looking. He and his wife and three kids settled in a large, turn-of-the-century mansion not far from the city. They separated in 1992.
- Patrick Roy: Canadian professional athlete, a hockey player and goalie. He began his pro career with the American Hockey League but transferred the following year to the Montreal Canadiens (1984-1995).
- Theo Bos: Dutch footballer coach and manager (d. 2013)
- Gustaf Adolf Tiburtius Bengtsson: Composer, dies at 79.
- Chuck Linster performs 6,006 consecutive push-ups.
- Dick McInnes stays aloft almost 12 hours in a kite.
- Pakistan severs diplomatic relations with Malaysia because of their disagreement in the UN.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 October 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?