Saturday 16 October 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Cincinnati Kid, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1965 ?
- Kang Kyung-ok: South Korean illustrator.
- Steve Lamacq: British journalist and disc jockey.
- Tom Tolbert: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- German Titov: Moscow, Russia -- NHL center (Calgary Flames, Olympics - Silver - 1998).
- Lisa Bonder: Columbus, Ohio -- Tennis star.
- Drat! - The Cat! closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 8 performances
- Singer Leslie Uggams marries Grahame Pratt in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 October 1965 and get them!