Tuesday 12 October 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Cincinnati Kid, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1965 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Chris Chandler: NFL quarterback (Houston Oilers, Atlanta Falcons).
- Larry Silveira: Walnut Creek, California -- Nike golfer (NIKE Knoxville Open-2nd).
- Todd Krygier: Chicago Heights, Illinois -- NHL left wing (Anaheim, Washington).
- Jean-Jacques Daigneault: Canadian hockey player.
- Dan Abnett: English author.
- J Daigneault: Montreal, Quebec -- NHL defenseman (Pittsburgh Penguins)
- Scott O'Grady: American captain and pilot
- Paul Hermann Muller: Swiss chemist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1899).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?