Tuesday 2 April 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1929 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Ed Dorn: American poet and educator (d. 1999).
- Frans Andriessen: Dutch politician, a minister of finance.
- Catherine Gaskin: Romantic Novelist (Fiona, Coporation Wife).
- Frans H J J Andriessen: Dutch MP (KVP / CDA).
- Serge Hutin: French writer on esoteric subjects and the occult.
- Wallace Smith: Wallace (Bud) Smith was a promising amateur boxer who went on to win the world lightweight championship. In 1947 he won the National AAU, upsetting the tournament favorite, Eddie Marotta at featherweight. In 1948 he represented Chicago and won an Intercity Golden Gloves title at lightweight vs. Luis Ortiz, Smith "unleashed a merciless attack" in stopping Ortiz at 2:45 of the 2nd. Smith represented the United States at the 1948 Olympic Games in the lightweight division. Smith defeated Chuck Davey
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?