Tuesday 16 April 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1929 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Roy Hamilton: American singer (Born 1929).
- Ralph Slatyer: Australian biologist and ecologist (d. 2012).
- Ed Townsend: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2003).
- Ruth Wirges: Germany Actor.
- Abraham van Stolk Jzn: Art collector, dies at 57.
- Cleveland Indians' Earl Averill becomes first in American League to hit a homerun on first at bat.
- New York Yankees become first team to use numbers on uniforms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 April 1929 and get them!