It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
directed by Roland West
starring: Chester Morris, Harry Stubbs, Mae Busch
- The Parson's Widow
directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer
starring: Greta Almroth, Einar Rd, Hildur Carlberg
- The Wild Party
directed by Dorothy Arzner
starring: Clara Bow, Fredric March, Marceline Day
directed by Sam Taylor
starring: Mary Pickford, Johnny Mack Brown, Matt Moore
- The Passion of Joan of Arc
directed by Carl Th. Dreyer
starring: Maria Falconetti, Eugene Silvain, Andr Berley
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Sunday, 14 April 1929 ?
Famous People born
William Edgar Thornton in Faison, North Carolina, USA; MD/astronaut (STS-8, 51-B, sk
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
: English television producer
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1929 ?
TIME Magazine Cover: Senator Reed Smoot -- Apr. 8, 1929
Science vol. 69 issue 1789
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
All Quiet on the Western Front
by Erich Maria Remarque
Paul Baumer enlisted with his classmates in the German army of World War I. Youthful, enthusiastic, they become soldiers. But despite what they have learned, they break into pieces under the first bombardment in the trenches.
The Bishop Murder Case
by S. S. Van Dine
From dust jacket notes: "Amateur sleuth Philo Vance uses his innate analytical skills to solve four of the most puzzling murder cases ever to emerge from the district attorney's office in New York City.
Southern Pacific Lines Railroad New Orleans (1929)
Wesson Oil Color (1929)
International Truck (1929)
Tell the world why Sunday, 14 April 1929 is such a special date for you!