Sunday 2 January 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Considine and Hans Herbj?rnsrud.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1938 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- John Considine: Actor (Reginald Love-Another World).
- Hans Herbj?rnsrud: Norwegian author.
- Ian Brady: Scottish homicide; he and his girl friend, Myra Hindley, were sentenced to life in prison for the sadistic murders of three, possibly four young people.
- Gilles Buscia: French political activist, a leader of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Robert Smithson: American artist famous for his use of photography in relation to sculpture and land art.
- Lynn Conway: American computer scientist engineer and academic
- Hans Herbjørnsrud: Norwegian author and educator
- Goh Kun: South Korean politician 31st Prime Minister of South Korea
- Book publisher Simon and Schuster is founded.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?