Sunday 2 January 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1938 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- John Considine: Actor (Reginald Love-Another World).
- Ian Brady: Scottish homicide; he and his girl friend, Myra Hindley, were sentenced to life in prison for the sadistic murders of three, possibly four young people.
- Lynn Conway: American computer scientist engineer and academic.
- Hans Herbjørnsrud: Norwegian author and educator.
- Goh Kun: South Korean politician 31st Prime Minister of South Korea.
- Gilles Buscia: French political activist, a leader of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62). With the arrest of Buscia in 1965, the organisation effectively ceased to exist.
- Hans Herbj?rnsrud: Norwegian author
- Robert Smithson: American artist famous for his use of photography in relation to sculpture and land art. He died on 20 July 1973 in a plane crash.
- Book publisher Simon and Schuster is founded.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?