Tuesday 25 November 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Coveyou .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
The Buccaneer, directed by Anthony Quinn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1958 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Charles F Kettering: invented auto self-starter, dies at age 82.
- Senegal becomes an autonomous state in the French Community.
- French Sudan gains autonomy as a self-governing member of the French Community.
- French Sudan gains autonomy as a self-governing member of the French colonial empire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?