Saturday 29 November 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pamela Prati and Michael Dempsey.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Auntie Mame, directed by Morton DaCosta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1958 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Pamela Prati: Rome, Italy -- Million $ Cap (1984) / actress.
- Michael Dempsey: Zimbabwean-English bass player (The Cure Associates Presence Easy Cure The Lotus Eaters and Malice).
- John Mahama: Ghanaian historian and politician 4th President of Ghana.
- Devon Scott: American actress.
- 46th CFL Grey Cup: Winn Blue Bombers defeat Hamilton Tiger-Cats, 35-28
- Ted Kennedy marries Virginia Joan Bennett at St. Joseph's Church in Bronxville, New York.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 November 1958
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?