Monday 10 November 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Deborah Cameron and Stephen Herek.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Orders to Kill, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1958 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Deborah Cameron: English linguist anthropologist and academic.
- Stephen Herek: American director and producer.
- George Lowe: American voice actor and producer.
- Omar Minaya: American baseball player and manager.
- Massimo Morsello: Italian singer-songwriter and activist (d. 2001).
- Brooks Williams: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- WUFT TV channel 5 in Gainesville, Florida (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The Hope Diamond is donated to the Smithsonian Institution by New York diamond merchant Harry Winston.
- The Bossa nova is born in Rio de Janeiro, with João Gilberto's recording of ''Chega de Saudade''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?