Sunday 2 September 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1951 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Bernard Bourreau: French cyclist, who competed in the individual road race at the 1972 Summer Olympics.
- Mark Harmon in Burbank: California, USA; actor (Dr Caldwell - St. Elsewhere).
- Gérard Leclerc: French radio and television personality, journalist and writer.
- Mark Harmon: American actor and noted family, the son of actress Elyse Knox and Heisman trophy winner Tom Harmon, the brother of commercial actress Kelly Harmon, and of Kristen Tinker, wife of late rock singer Rick Nelson.
- Michael Gray in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Ronnie - Brian Keith Show).
- Mike Kaminsky: Rocker
- Jon Feltheimer: American business executive, President of New World Pictures in the '90s. Married 1991. Formerly, he was an actor and a theatrical agent.
- Jim DeMint: American politician
- Michael Gray: American actor
- Mik Kaminski: English violinist (Electric Light Orchestra Violinski and ELO Part II)
- Australia, New Zealand and US sign ANZUS-pact
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1951 and get them!