Monday 2 October 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 2 October 2006 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 October
- Charles Carl Roberts IV, a 32-year-old milk-truck driver, kills five female students at an Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania before shooting himself.
- Aleksandër Moisiu University was open in Durrës, Albania.
- South Korea's Foreign Minister, Ban Ki-Moon, wins a crucial informal poll for the next United Nations Secretary-General with no opposition from any of the five veto-bearing Security Council members. (Reuters)
- Zambia's President, Levy Mwanawasa, is re-elected, according to the Zambian Electoral Commission. (BBC)
- Željko Komšić, Nebojša Radmanović and Haris Silajdžić are elected new members of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the country's collective head of state. (ABC)
- Georgia-Russia spying dispute:
- Four Russian officers arrested as spies in Georgia leave for Moscow after being released. (BBC)
- Two schools in the Las Vegas Valley, Nevada, United States, are locked down, after a former student reportedly brought an AK-47 or other automatic weapons to school. (Wikinews) (KVBC)
- Casino company Harrah's Entertainment receives an $81-per-share cash offer from private-equity firms Apollo Management and Texas Pacific Group. (Associated Press via Examiner.com)
- Andrew Fire and Craig Mello win the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their work in controlling the activity of genes. (ABC)
- Canada's Meteorological Service issues a tropical storm warning for the Avalon Peninsula in southeastern Newfoundland, including the cities of Cape Race and St John's, due to Hurricane Isaac. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?