Saturday 28 October 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching We Need Girlfriends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bookworm Adventures or Artwork of the game released only in North America..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 28 October 2006 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- Funeral service takes place for those executed at Bykivnia forest, outside Kiev, Ukraine. 817 Ukrainian civilians (out of some 100,000) executed by Bolsheviks at Bykivnia in 1930s : early 1940s are reburied.
- General Henry Obering, the head of the Pentagon's Missile Defense Agency welcomes what he cast as epochal progress toward putting a high-energy laser aboard a modified Boeing 747 to attack ballistic missiles that could be fired by North Korea and Iran. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Cuban television shows images of convalescing leader Fidel Castro walking and reading the day's newspapers showing that he is recovering from his emergency surgery in July. (BBC)
- The Russian political parties Rodina, the Russian Party of Life and the Russian Pensioners' Party merge to form a new leftist party, Fair Russia, effectively making Sergey Mironov the new leader of the opposition in the Russian legislature. (IHT)
- Prime Minister of Iraq Nouri al-Maliki tells the U.S. ambassador that he is Washington's friend but ampquotnot America's man in Iraq.ampquot (CBS News)
- At least 42 people are killed in a bus crash in Nepal. (BBC)
- Violence breaks out during street protests in Bangladesh, causing the deaths of at least 9 people, as confusion continues over who will take over governing the country from former Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia. (Reuters)
- The genome of the honeybee ''Apis mellifera'' has been fully sequenced and analyzed. (Nature)
- German newspaper Bild publishes photos allegedly showing Bundeswehr troops posing with human remains in Afghanistan while on peacekeeping duties there. (Reuters)
- Voting begins on a new Serbian constitution that would make Kosovo officially a part of Serbia voter turnout on day one was low. (BBC)
- Joseph Kabila and Jean-Pierre Bemba face-off in the presidential run-off election in Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?