Wednesday 18 October 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while State of Denial by Bob Woodward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2006 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 October
- Mario Francesco Pompedda: cardinal (Born 1929).
- United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice arrives in Tokyo for talks with Japanese officials amid fears North Korea could be readying for a second nuclear test. (USA Today)
- Tamil Tiger rebels are suspected to be responsible for attacks on a Sri Lankan navy base and an adjoining port in the southern city of Galle, police and military officers claim. (CNN)
- Chilean police detain 366 high school student protestors in Santiago, and use tear gas and water cannons to disperse their one day strike which called on the government to reform the education law, originally enacted under Augusto Pinochet. (Deutsche Presse-Agentur)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?