Wednesday 2 September 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keanu Reeves and Andrea Illy.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1964 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Keanu Reeves: Lebanese-American actor, parlayed his non-communicative and dead-pan style into being one of the highest paid actors in his generation in 11 years.
- Andrea Illy: Italian businessman.
- Indonesian paratroopers lands in Malaysia
- Norman Manley scores two consecutive holes-in-one at Del Valley, California.
- Indian Hungry generation poets are arrested on charges of conspiracy against the State and obscenity in literature.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?