Friday 29 September 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 29 September 2006 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 September
- US Representative Mark Foley resigns after allegations of inappropriate emails.
- Gol Transportes Aereos Flight 1907 collides in mid-air with an Embraer Legacy business jet near Peixoto de Azevedo, Mato Grosso, Brazil, killing 154 total people, and triggering a Brazilian aviation crisis.
- The HiRISE camera on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter takes its first low-orbit, high-resolution pictures of Mars. (HiRISE team blog)
- A high school principal is shot to death by 15 year old Eric Hainstock. Principal John Klang of Weston High School in Cazenovia, Wisconsin is shot three times by Hainstock with a gun which he stole from his family home. A custodian and others confront the student who is now in police custody. (AP)
- A tape of senior Al Qaeda figure Ayman al-Zawahiri is released in which he brands US President George W. Bush a ampquotlying failureampquot over the war on terror. He goes on to condemn Pope Benedict XVI as an ampquotimpostorampquot for his recent controversial speech and labels Roman Catholicism a religion ampquotmade of mythsampquot. (BBC)
- Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., resigns from the United States House of Representatives in the wake of questions about e-mails and instant messages he wrote to a former Capitol page. (The New York Times)
- Soyuz TMA-8, with the Expedition 13 crew and Iranian-American space tourist Anousheh Ansari on board, lands safely on the Kazakh steppe. (Reuters)
- Typhoon Xangsane lashes the northern Philippines, killing at least 48 people and causing extensive damage. (International Herald Tribune)
- Lenovo recalls 526,000 Sony laptop batteries due to fire risk. (Xinhua)
- A general strike is being observed in Indian-administered Kashmir to protest the planned execution of Jaish-e-Mohammed militant, Mohd Afzal, set for October 20. (PTI)
- The Sri Lanka Monitoring Mission submits its report to the government and the LTTE rebels. The report accuses both sides of human-rights violations and breaking the terms of the cease-fire, citing over 200 civilians killed and over 200,000 displaced in the last two months. (AP)
- The last game for the Playstation came out.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?