Tuesday 5 September 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 5 September 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 September
- Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan
- More than 50 Taliban insurgents are killed in the ongoing Operation Medusa. (CNN)
- Felipe Calderón of the PAN is declared the winner of Mexico's 2 July presidential election. (BBC)
- Bill Ford steps down from his position as CEO of Ford Motor Company. He is replaced by Alan Mulally, the former executive vice president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airlines. Bill Ford will remain chairman. (USA Today)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict
- The Turkish Parliament votes to authorize the Turkish government to send troops to the United Nations peacekeeping force in Lebanon. Deputy speaker Nevzat Pakdil said 340 of the 533 lawmakers present in the 550-seat house voted for the deployment 192 voted against and one abstained. (Turkish Press)
- Lebanese troops move into the southern town of Bint Jbeil. (MSNBC)
- In Lebanon, a roadside bomb seriously wounds Lt. Col. Samir Shehade, a Lebanese police officer and kills four of his aides. Shehade was involved in the August 2005 arrest of four pro-Syrian Lebanese generals, on suspicion of involvement in the February 2005 assassination of former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri. (AP)
- Waziristan War:
- Fidel Castro claims that he is recovering well despite losing 18 kg (41 lb) as a result of intestinal surgery. (Al Jazeera)
- President George W. Bush has nominated Mary Peters as United States Secretary of Transportation. (CNN)
- One of four existing Aerocar I's (flying cars) is up for sale for US$3.5 million. (Seattle Times)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 September 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?