Friday 3 May 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Everitt and Princess Haya.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord's of Flatbush, directed by Martin Davidson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1974 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- The Main Ingredient - Just Don't Want To Be Lonely
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?