Saturday 11 May 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1974 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Kevin Brown: English-born Canadian ice hockey player.
- Stanley Gene: Papua New Guinean rugby league footballer.
- Darren Ward: English-Welsh footballer and coach.
- Benoit Magimel: French actor.
- Billy Kidman: American professional wrestler.
- Benoît Magimel: French actor, he began his career very early (aged 14) in "Life is a long quiet river" directed by Etienne Chatillez. He was 16 when he decided to stop his studies. In the early 2000, he embodied Louis XIV in "Le roi danse" and was directed by Michel Houellebecq in "La possibilité d'une île".
- Roger Juffing: soccer player (Fortuna Sittard).
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Frank Sinatra hits #83
- Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield hits #7
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?