Wednesday 8 May 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Going Places, directed by Bertrand Blier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1974 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Calvin Branch: cornerback (Oakland Raiders).
- Colin Daynes in Windsor: Ontario, Canada; 68kg Greco Roman wrestler (Olympics-1996).
- Marge Kõrkjas: Estonian swimmer.
- Korey Stringer: American football player (d. 2001).
- Jon Tickle: English television host.
- Candace Nelson: Chef
- Graham Bond: rocker, dies jumping under a train.
- Canada government of Trudeau falls
- FC Magdenburg wins 14th Europe Cup II.
- 50 MPH speed limit in Britain lifted.
- George P. Shultz's term as Treasury Secretary of the US ends.
- William E. Simon takes office as US Treasury secretary.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?