Tuesday 4 August 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include B J Surhoff and Clyde Simmons.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1964 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- B J Surhoff: Bronx, New York -- Infielder (Baltimore Orioles).
- Clyde Simmons: NFL defensive end (Az Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars).
- BJ Surhoff: American baseball player: 3rd base/outfield, Orioles.
- Sebastian Roche: Movie Actor.
- Andrew Bartlett: Australian social worker and politician.
- North Vietnamese torpedos US ships Gulf of Tonkin
- American civil rights movement: civil rights workers Michael Schwerner, Andrew Goodman and James Chaney are found dead in Mississippi after disappearing on June 21.
- Gulf of Tonkin Incident: U.S. destroyers USS Maddox and USS Turner Joy report coming under attack in the Gulf of Tonkin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?