Sunday 4 December 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Mirror.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Arkham City or Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 December 2011 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 December
- 45,000 citizens of Koblenz, Germany, are allowed to return home after bomb squads defused World War II bombs that were hidden under the Rhine River for almost 65 years. (CNN)
- Australia approves exports of uranium to India. (Al Jazeera)
- Transparency International releases the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index, declaring North Korea and Somalia the most corrupt nations in the world, and New Zealand the least corrupt. (Transparency.org)
- Voters in Slovenia go to the polls for a parliamentary election with early results showing Positive Slovenia with an early lead. (AP via Newsday)
- Voters in Croatia go to the polls for a parliamentary election with an exit poll showing the centre-left Kukuriku coalition set to win a majority. (BBC)
- Russian election:
- Voters in Russia go to the polls for an election for the State Duma. (''New York Times'')
- Independent exit polls suggest the governing United Russia party failed to get a majority in the Duma, amid accusations of massive voter harassment and DDoS attacks targeting blogs. (Reuters)
- Islamist parties win the first stage of the Egyptian parliamentary election, with the Muslim Brotherhood-aligned Freedom and Justice Party first at 37% of the vote, and the more hardline Salafi Al Nour Party in second place with 24% of the vote. (AFP)
- The President of Peru Ollanta Humala declares a state of emergency in the Cajamarca region to stop anti-mining protests. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Former Brazilian football captain Sócrates dies in hospital in Sao Paulo from complications of food poisoning. (''The Telegraph'')
- American golfer Tiger Woods wins the Chevron World Challenge, his first tournament win in over two years. (AP via NPR)
- In lawn tennis, Spain wins the 2011 Davis Cup. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?