Monday 5 December 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 December 2011 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 December
- There are reports of more than 60 bodies being taken to hospitals in the Syrian town of Homs. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Eurozone debt crisis:
- Nicolas Sarkozy, the President of France, and Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany, call for a new European Union Treaty to help prevent future Eurozone crises. (BBC)
- Former Côte d'Ivoire President Laurent Gbagbo appears before the International Criminal Court to face charges of crimes against humanity. (Reuters India)
- Julian Assange is allowed a final appeal to the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom against his extradition to Sweden to answer questions over sexual assault allegations. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Russian election:
- Preliminary results are released from the Russian legislative election showing the ruling United Russia winning 50 percent of the vote, well down on its 2008 vote. (AP via Google News)
- European monitors criticise the election saying that rules favoured United Russia and claiming that it was marred by violations. (Deutsche Welle)
- Peru declares a state of emergency in four provinces amid protests over a mining project. (Andina)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?