Tuesday 27 December 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 December 2011 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 December
- Helen Frankenthaler, who developed Color Field painting, dies at age 83. (''The New York Times'')
- Over $30 billion was spent on holiday online shopping in the United States, a 15% increase from last year, according to comScore. (Reuters)
- Sears Holdings Corporation announces plans to close over 100 Sears and K-Mart stores in the United States. (''Financial Post'')
- A bankruptcy court judge ruled that the trustee liquidating MF Global, James Giddens, and his law firm, Hughes Hubbard Reed, are sufficiently ampquotdisinterestedampquot in the disposition of assets for Giddens to continue his work in that capacity. (Reuters)
- The death toll from flash floods in the Philippines caused by Tropical Storm Washi reaches 1,500 per some sources, but the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council currently puts the number lower. (NDRRMC)
- Floods caused by Tropical Cyclone Grant cause the derailment of a train near the town of Katherine in Australia's Northern Territory. (BBC)
- Indian anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare begins a three day fast in protest as legislation creating an anti-corruption watchdog excluding the Central Bureau of Investigation goes before the Parliament of India. (AP via SF Gate)
- The government of Argentina announces that President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner has cancer in her thyroid gland, and will have an operation on 4 January and step aside as president for 20 days until 24 January. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?