Friday 2 December 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 2 December 2011 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 December
- Muslim rioters attack liquor stores and massage parlours in Zakho in the Kurdistan region of northern Iraq after Friday prayers. The attacks later extended to include Christian owned shops and businesses in other cities including Dohuk and Simele. (''USA Today'')
- In the U.S., the Agriculture Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives votes to issue a subpoena to Jon Corzine, former Governor of New Jersey, in connection with the collapse of MF Global and the disappearance of customer funds. (Committee press release)
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton meets with Aung San Suu Kyi, Burma's pre-eminent pro-democracy activist, to promote democratic reforms. (AP via Google)
- The United Nations Human Rights Council denounces the crimes against humanity during the 2011 Syrian uprising which killed over 4,000 people since the uprising started in March. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?