Tuesday 4 January 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wild Within.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bleach: Soul Resurrección or Cart Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 January 2011 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 January
- Coen Moulijn: Dutch footballer (Born 1937).
- Gerry Rafferty: Scottish musician, a folk and pop singer, guitarist and songwriter.
- Dick King-Smith: Dick King-Smith English author (d. 2011).
- Mohamed Bouazizi: Tunisian vegetable vendor and activist (Born 1984).
- Mick Karn: Cypriot-English guitarist and songwriter (Japan Dalis Car NiNa and JBK) (d. 2011).
- Pink Floyd sign a new five-year record deal with EMI after winning a lawsuit regarding digital distribution. (BBC)
- Value added tax in the United Kingdom is increased from 17.5% to 20%, its highest ever rate. (BBC)
- Russia begins an operation to free 500 people stranded in ships by ice in the Sea of Okhotsk. (BBC)
- More evacuations take place in Queensland, Australia, as flood waters continued to rise and the Australian prime minister says damages could amount to hundreds of millions of dollars. (CNN)
- Salmaan Taseer, the Governor of the Pakistani province of Punjab, is assassinated by Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri, one of his security guards at Koshar Market, Islamabad. (BBC)
- 51-year-old Texan Cornelius Dupree, freed on parole in July 2010 after serving 30 of a 75 year sentence for aggravated robbery, has his conviction quashed after he was found to be innocent of the crime through DNA evidence. (BBC)
- The Economic Community of West African States says the situation in Côte d'Ivoire is still in a ampquotstalemateampquot, amid the threat of force to remove Laurent Gbagbo. (Reuters)
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir goes to Juba to meet with Southern Sudanese President of the Government Salva Kiir Mayardit ahead of Southern Sudan's independence referendum. (BBC)
- 2010–2011 Tunisian protests: Reports continue to leak out of the country regarding civil unrest with claims that protests have spread to the city of Thala, where the ruling Constitutional Democratic Rally's offices have been attacked. (Al Jazeera English)
- 10-year-old Canadian Kathryn Gray becomes the youngest person ever to discover a supernova. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?