Sunday 4 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bolaji Akinyemi and John McLaughlin.
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1942 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Bolaji Akinyemi: Nigerian political scientist academic and politician.
- John McLaughlin: English guitarist and songwriter (The Tony Williams Lifetime Mahavishnu Orchestra Shakti and Remember Shakti).
- Leon Jessel: Composer, dies at 70.
- Premier Churchill and General Marshall fly to Florida
- NFL Pro Bowl: Chicago Bears beats NFL All-Stars 35-24.
- Rogers Hornsby is 14th player selected to the Hall of Fame.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?