Sunday 4 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1942 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Bolaji Akinyemi: Nigerian political scientist academic and politician.
- John McLaughlin: English guitarist and songwriter (The Tony Williams Lifetime Mahavishnu Orchestra Shakti and Remember Shakti).
- Leon Jessel: Composer, dies at 70.
- Premier Churchill and General Marshall fly to Florida
- NFL Pro Bowl: Chicago Bears beats NFL All-Stars 35-24.
- Rogers Hornsby is 14th player selected to the Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1942 and get them!