Saturday 4 March 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rafael Canizares Poey and Judy Dickinson in Akron.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cisco Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1950 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Rafael Canizares Poey: Alacs Mountains, Cuba -- Basketballer (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Judy Dickinson in Akron: Ohio, USA; LPGA golfer (1985 Boston Five Classic).
- Ron Climie: retired American professional ice hockey player.
- Rick Perry: American politician, Governor of Texas, and candidate for the 2012 Republican Party nomination in the US Presidential election to be held November 6, 2012.
- Francis Affleck: Canadian race car driver (d. 1985).
- Barrie Cassidy: veteran Australian political journalist
- Ofelia Medina: Mexican actress and screenwriter
- Safet Plakalo: Bosnian author and playwright (d. 2015)
- Adam Rainer: the only man in recorded human history ever to have been both a dwarf and a giant (Born 1899).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?