Thursday 5 April 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 April 2012 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 April
- A rocket fired from Egypt's Sinai desert hits the Israeli city of Eilat but causes no injuries or property damage. (Reuters)
- Mali's Azawad National Liberation Movement declares an end to military activities, claiming that they have captured enough territory to form their own state. (BBC)
- Syrian Army troops launch a fierce attack on the Damascus suburb of Douma. (AP via WVEC)
- Rival militias cease fighting in the town of Zuwara in western Libya after the National Transitional Council claims a ceasefire. (Reuters Alertnet)
- A Chinese company that insures ships announces it will stop indemnifying tankers carrying Iranian oil. This represents a continued tightening of world sanctions on Iran. (Reuters)
- At least 14 people die as a result of severe storms in Argentina, with Buenos Aires Province being the hardest hit. (BBC)
- Sky News admits illegally hacking emails belonging to members of the public on two separate occasions. (BBC)
- 2010–2012 Greek protests: Riot police and protesters clash in Athens, hours after a 77-year-old pensioner's suicide outside parliament. (BBC)
- International internet group Anonymous protests censorship by targeting Chinese websites, including government bureaus in several Chinese cities. (AP via ''The Irish Times'')
- Russian businessman Victor Bout is sentenced to 25 years in prison for smuggling weapons to the Colombian FARC guerilla movement. (RT)
- Malawi's President Bingu wa Mutharika is taken to Lilongwe's intensive care unit after cardiac arrest and is reported to have died. (Reuters)
- Umberto Bossi resigns as the head of the Italian Northern League following a corruption scandal. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?