Monday 9 April 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Three Stooges, directed by Bobby Farrelly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 9 April 2012 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 April
- Arab Spring:
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- Turkey claims that the Syrian Army has opened fire on a refugee camp on Turkish soil injuring three people. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- A cameraman from Al Jadeed television station is shot dead by the Syrian army at the Syria-Lebanon border. (''Daily Star Lebanon'')
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising: Authorities in Bahrain refuse to transfer jailed Shia political activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, who has been performing a hunger strike for two months, to Denmark. (Al Jazeera)
- Tunisian revolution: Police fire tear gas at demonstrators who defy a government ban on protesting in Tunis. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011–2012 Yemeni revolution: At least 21 people die in clashes between al Qaeda militants and Yemeni Army soldiers in southern Yemen. (CNN)
- At least 11 people are killed and over 30 others are seriously injured by a bombing in Baidoa, Somalia. (BBC)
- German Health Minister Daniel Bahr tells ''Die Welt'' that the Israeli government's declaration of Günter Grass as ''persona non grata'' in reaction to his poem ampquotWhat Must Be Saidampquot is ampquotexaggeratedampquot. Meanwhile, a sculpture celebrating freedom of speech in Göttingen is daubed in red paint telling the recipient of the 1999 Nobel Prize in Literature to ampquotshut your mouthampquot. (''Haaretz'')
- ''The Lion King'' becomes the all-time highest grossing show on Broadway, overtaking ''The Phantom of the Opera''. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- China establishes a rare earth association in order to streamline the sector's development. (BBC)
- Facebook buys photo sharing application Instagram for $1 billion. (USA Today)
- North Korea positions a rocket for a launch later in the week, drawing protests from the Western world, South Korea and Japan, all of which suspect the rocket may be a ballistic missile test. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Charges are dropped against Larisa Litvinova in the case of lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, whose controversial death in a Russian jail led to claims of torture and neglect. (BBC)
- Voters go to the polls in Aceh, Indonesia, to elect a new governor. (Al Jazeera)
- Malawian President Joyce Banda sacks the national police chief, Peter Mukhito. (Newstime Africa)
- The French presidential election campaign officially starts. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?