Tuesday 10 April 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Three Stooges, directed by Bobby Farrelly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 10 April 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 April
- Syrian uprising:
- A United Nations backed deadline for withdrawal of Syrian army troops and weapons passes, with no end to the violence. (BBC)
- Despite the deadline, the violence continues with the Syrian Army shelling the cities of Homs and Hama and insurgents killing six soldiers. (Reuters via ''The Star'')
- Bahraini uprising:
- Four people are arrested in a Shiite village in Bahrain after seven policemen are injured in an apparent ampquotterrorist attackampquot. (''Al Arabiya'')
- Bahrain denies that a jailed hunger striker's health is critical. (''Taiwan News'')
- A suicide bomber attacks a government office building in Afghanistan's Herat Province with 15 people killed and 22 wounded. (Al Jazeera)
- An investigation finds no evidence against the chief minister of Gujarat, India over deadly riots in the state in 2002. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Raymond Aubrac, one of the heroes of the French Resistance during World War II, dies at the age of 97. (BBC)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls over 1% amid concerns in Europe over its debt crisis. (CNN)
- American technology company Apple Inc. says that the company is worth more than US$600 billion dollars, making it the largest by market capitalization in the world. (BBC)
- North Korean rocket:
- North Korean space officials advise that all preparations have been completed for the launch. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- Several airlines in Asia temporarily re-route flights to avoid a North Korean rocket launch later this week. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron arrives in Japan for the first leg of an Asian visit. (BBC)
- Disabled Chinese land rights lawyer Ni Yulan and her husband are sentenced by a Beijing court a year after they were detained for fraud and ampquotprovoking troubleampquot. (''Jakarta Post'')
- The Costa Rican embassy's trade attache in Caracas, Venezuela is kidnapped. (BBC)
- The Government of Malaysia introduces legislation banning the arrest of people for political reasons or indefinite detention without trial. (AP via ''Boston Globe'')
- A second psychiatric evaluation finds that Anders Behring Breivik is sane enough to face trial for the 2011 Norway attacks and serve a prison sentence if convicted. (BBC)
- The attorneys for George Zimmerman, the main person of interest in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, say that they quit representing Zimmerman due to them losing contact with him. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?