Monday 16 April 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
Think Like a Man, directed by Tim Story, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Daddy Knows Best.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 16 April 2012 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 April
- Syrian uprising:
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urges ampquotmaximum restraintampquot from the Syrian regime as the first UN military observers arrive in Damascus to monitor a fragile ceasefire. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- At least 55 people are reported killed, including 26 in the city of Idlib, as violence increases again despite the arrival of U.N. observers to monitor a cease-fire. (CNN)
- Military leaders and a group of political parties in Guinea-Bissau announce the formation of a Transitional National Council after the recent coup the acting president and prime minister remain in detention. (CNN)
- A six-year-old boy is killed and two other children are wounded after a militant throws a hand grenade into a co-educational school near Peshawar, northwest Pakistan. (CNN)
- The Sex Pistols' song ampquotGod Save the Queenampquot, which was banned by the BBC, is to be re-released 35 years after its debut, in time for June's Diamond Jubilee. (''The New York Times'')
- The 2012 Pulitzer Prize winners are announced. (Associated Press)
- Jim Yong Kim is selected as President of the World Bank. (Al Jazeera)
- Argentine president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner submits a bill that would nationalise 51% of YPF to Congress. (''The Guardian'')
- A 6.7-magnitude earthquake, at a depth of , rocks Valparaíso, Chile. (United States Geological Survey)
- Australia relaxes sanctions on Myanmar, following political reforms in Myanmar, including by-elections earlier this month in which opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi's party won dozens of seats. (CNN)
- The U.S. military's top officer Martin Dempsey speaks of being ampquotembarrassedampquot and tells a Pentagon news conference ampquotwe let the boss downampquot in relation to allegations that United States Secret Service agents habitually associated with prostitutes in Colombia. Pentagon spokesman George E. Little tells reporters that the number of military staff involved could be more than the five originally reported. (BBC)
- An Israeli soldier hits a foreign pro-Palestinian activist, believed to be a Danish national, with his gun after protesters attack and injure the soldier the Danish ambassador to Israel demands an explanation from Israel. (Ynet)
- The trial of confessed perpetrator of the 2011 Norway attacks, Anders Behring Breivik, starts in Oslo, Norway. (CNN)
- The murderer of two girls in Krailling, Bavaria (Germany) is convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment. (''Süddeutsche Zeitung'')
- The European Court of Human Rights rules that Russia violated the rights of ten relatives of victims of the 1940 Katyn Massacre, and describes the massacre as a war crime. (Reuters)
- Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, the heir to the Dutch throne, buys a villa for €4.5 million beside the Greek town of Kranidi near a home owned by Russian President-elect Vladimir Putin. (BBC)
- Fabrice Muamba is discharged from hospital after his cardiac arrest during an FA Cup match. (''East African Standard'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?