Sunday 8 April 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Three Stooges, directed by Bobby Farrelly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 8 April 2012 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 April
- Syrian uprising:
- At least 40 people are reported killed across Syria ahead of the Tuesday deadline for Syrian armed forces to withdraw from cities, as part of a peace plan brokered by U.N.-Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan. (CNN)
- Afghanistan and the United States reach an agreement giving the Government of Afghanistan more control over night raids. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- A car bomb explodes in the Nigerian city of Kaduna killing dozens of people. via ''Herald-Sun'')
- The Internal Affairs Minister of Israel declares German poet and former Waffen-SS soldier Günter Grass, recipient of the 1999 Nobel Prize in Literature, a ''persona non grata'' in a row over his poem ampquotWhat Must Be Saidampquot. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Rescuers search for possible survivors of the 2012 Siachen Glacier avalanche that hit a Pakistani Army base and has buried up to 135 people, near the disputed Siachen Glacier. (AAP via SBS)
- The President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari arrives in India on the first visit by a Pakistani President in seven years. (BBC)
- U.S. police arrest two men suspected in carrying out a shooting attack in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that happened the day before, leaving three people dead and two injured. The shootings are being investigated as a hate crime. (CNN)
- Voters in South Ossetia go to the polls for the second round of a presidential election with ex-KGB officer Leonid Tibilov elected. (Reuters via Euronews)
- American golfer Bubba Watson wins the US Masters defeating Louis Oosthuizen of South Africa in a playoff. (''The Age'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?