Wednesday 5 August 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gottfried Angeli and Rick Mahler.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1953 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Gottfried Angeli: German pro astrologer and writer, published in magazines as well as on TV and radio.
- Rick Mahler: American baseball player and coach (d. 2005).
- Operation "Big Switch": Korean War prisoners exchanged at Panmunjom.
- Operation Big Switch: Prisoners of war are repatriated after the Korean War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?