Friday 14 August 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1953 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Frank McCourt: American businessman, real estate tycoon and owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team from early 2004.
- Ulla Meinecke: German singer and lyricist.
- James Horner: American composer, conductor and orchestrator of film scores.
- Cliff Johnson: American computer game author.
- 20th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Detroit 24, All-Stars 10 (93,818)
- KXLF TV channel 4 in Butte, MT (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?