Saturday 5 September 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1953 ?
- Luca Verdone: Italian noted family, brother of director Carlo Verdone.
- Victor Hanson: American historian and journalist.
- Herman Koch: Dutch author and actor.
- Eiki Nestor: Estonian engineer and politician Estonian Minister of Social Affairs.
- Paul Piché: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Paulie Carmen: Champaign, Illinois -- Rock vocalist
- Richard Walther Darre: Nazi politician (Born 1895).
- 1st privately operated atomic reactor - Raleigh, North Carolina
- US give Persian Premier Zahedi $45 million aid
- First privately operated atomic reactor-Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.
- The United Nations rejects the Soviet Union's suggestion to accept China as a member.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?