Monday 5 December 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1955 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
Famous Birthdays:05 December
- Historic bus boycott begins in Montgomery, Alabama, by Rosa Parks.
- The American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations merge and form the AFL-CIO.
- E.D. Nixon and Rosa Parks lead the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 December 1955 and get them!