Sunday 5 March 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1989 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Jonathan Cristaldo: Argentine footballer.
- Sterling Knight: American actor.
- Andy Glass: Bassist.
- Jake Lloyd: American actor.
- Blains McCallister wins Honda Golf Classic shooting 266
- 19th Easter Seal Telethon raises US$37,002,000.
- Elly Verhulst runs world record 3000 metre indoor (8:03.82).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?