Sunday 6 January 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1929 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Anne Clark: American dog breeder and trainer (d. 2006).
- Babrak Karmal: Prime Minister of Afghanistan (1980-81), dies at age 67.
- Karl Windhorst: Germany Actor.
- Anne Rogers Clark: American dog breeder and trainer (d. 2006).
- Wilbert Harrison: R & B singer (Kansas City).
- Jean-Lucien Maurel: French pedophile priest.
- Eugène Brunet: French astrologer, author of the book "Dieu parle aux hommes par les astres" (Montorgueil, 1995).
- Nicolas Nikolayevitch: grand-duke of Russia, dies at age 72.
- Alexander I establishes a royal dictatorship in Yugoslavia.
- Mother Teresa arrives in Calcutta to begin her work among India's poorest and sick people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?