Thursday 6 June 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giscombe and Stacy Moscowitz.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
The Prince and the Showgirl, directed by Laurence Olivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1957 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Giscombe : British rock musician, solo singer.
- Stacy Moscowitz: American homicide victim, shot to death by the serial killer who called himself the Son of Sam in his reign of terror in New York City.
- Mike Gatting: English cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- Balanadarajah Iyer: Sri Lankan poet and activist (d. 2004).
- Christian Rach: German chef and author.
- The decision of the Automobile Manufacturers Association (in the USA) to ban race involvement is announced. The ban on racing involvement includes not helping others, not supply pace cars, not publicize any results, not advertise any features of passenger cars that suggest speed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?