Monday 6 October 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1930 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Les Richter: American football player with the Rams, twice voted Most Valuable Player.
- Hafez al-Assad: Syrian general and politician 20th President of Syria (d. 2000).
- Richie Benaud: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Hafez al: Assad; president (Syria).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?