Thursday 2 October 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 2 October 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 2 October 1930 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
See other famous people born on 02 October
Gunter Kochan: Composer.
Dave Barrett: Canadian social worker and politician 26th Premier of British Columbia.
Gay Luce: American educator, psychologist and author of many books about psychology and consciousness.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1930?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Dwight W. Morrow -- Sep. 29, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 72 issue 1865
- Time: Robert 'Bobby' Tyre Jones Jr.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The basis for the Academy Award-winning major motion picture starring Best Actor nominee Richard Dix and Best Actress nominee Irene Dunne.This vivid and sweeping tale of the Oklahoma Land Rush, from Pulitzer Prize winner Edna Ferber, traces the stunning challenges ...
1930. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 2 October 1930 is such a special date for you!