Saturday 18 October 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Carlucci and Michel Drach.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1930 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Frank Carlucci: National Security Adviser / Secretary of Defense (1987-89).
- Michel Drach: French film director, writer, producer and actor.
- Gérard Houteer: Douai Journalist.
- Flora Fraser: 21st Lady Saltoun Scottish politician.
- Esther Hautzig: Lithuanian-American author (d. 2009).
- Joseph Sylvester becomes first jockey to win 7 races in one day.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 October 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?