Thursday 6 September 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Juno, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lud, zbunjen, normalan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat or Avencast: Rise of the Mage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 6 September 2007 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 September
- Percy Rodrigues: Canadian actor (Born 1918).
- ''Operation Orchard'': Israeli airplanes strike a suspected nuclear site in Syria.
- Wikipedia's English site is again blocked in the People's Republic of China, possibly due to upcoming Communist Party Congress. (PC World)
- War in Iraq: Four US Marines are killed in Anbar and three US Army soldiers are killed in Nineveh province. (Reuters)
- United States District Court judge Victor Marrero strikes down a key part of the Patriot Act authorising national security letters. (AP via the Guardian)
- Democratic Party fundraiser Norman Hsu is arrested in Grand Junction, Colorado and charged with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. (NBC11 San Francisco)
- Hurricane Felix: The death toll from Hurricane Felix in Honduras and Nicaragua rises to at least 98, with a high casualty level amongst Miskito Indians who failed to evacuate. Thousands of houses have also been destroyed. (Sky News)
- An Islamist website claims it will soon carry a new video of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden to mark the sixth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks on U.S. cities. (Reuters)
- 12 people, including 11 New Jersey public officials, are arrested by the FBI on corruption charges. Among those arrested are Mayor Samuel Rivera of Passaic and Mayor Mims Hackett of Orange. (CNN)
- A 6.5 magnitude earthquake hits off shore of Taiwan near the capital city Taipei. (USGS)
- Paras, Crown Prince of Nepal, undergoes angioplasty operation after a heart attack.
- British RAF Tornados intercept eight Russian Tupolev Tu-95 bombers as they approach UK airspace. (Sky News)
- A study published by United States and Czech researchers claims that there is a 90% chance that the object that caused the Chicxulub crater in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula and probably led to the extinction of the dinosaurs came from the Baptistina family of asteroids. (Melbourne Age)
- China and Australia agree to hold yearly security meetings. (BBC)
- Fiji reintroduces martial law. (NZ Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?