Friday 7 September 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Eastern Promises, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lud, zbunjen, normalan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AstroMenace or Aura II: The Sacred Rings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 7 September 2007 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 September
- 2007 Lebanon conflict: The Lebanese Army declares victory after ending a three-month conflict with Fatah al-Islam militants in Nahr el-Bared. (Jane's News)
- Subtropical Storm Gabrielle forms southeast of the Carolina coast in the Atlantic Ocean. (NOAA)
- Two owners of a New Orleans nursing home are found not guilty of negligent homicide concerning the death of 35 residents after Hurricane Katrina. (NYT)
- Six detained Professors of the Rajshahi University are suspended for their involvement in last month protests for restoring democracy in Bangladesh.
- At least 80 people have died and scores injured as a truck and trailers carrying pilgrims plunges into a gorge near the village of Desuri Ki Naal in Rajasthan, India. (Al-Jazeera)
- The pilot of a civilian World War II stunt plane dies while practicing at Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Virginia. (AP via CNN)amp!--The dateline is Norfolk, but the crash took place in Virginia Beach.--amp
- Robert Mugabe, the President of Zimbabwe, accused Levy Mwanawasa, the President of Zambia and Chairman of the Southern African Development Community, of selling out his country to the Western world and plotting with foreign intelligence agencies during an SADC conference in August. President Mwanawasa later apologized to Mugabe, saying Mugabe had misunderstood an earlier comment. (AllAfrica)
- United States District Court judge Royce Lamberth orders Iran to pay $2.6 billion to victims and families in the 1983 Hezbollah bombing of a United States Marine Corps barracks in Lebanon that claimed 241 American lives. (CNN)
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego agrees to pay $198.1 million to settle 144 claims of sexual abuse by clergy. (AP via IHT)
- The Polish Sejm votes to dissolve itself, causing early parliamentary elections in October 2007. (BBC)
- Global Stock Markets fall sharply amid recession fears after the release of a report that shows a surprise decline of the US workforce in August, for the first time in four years. (BBC)
- The Indonesian Supreme Court rejects an appeal by Bali bomber Amrozi bin Nurhasyim. (News Limited)
- United States District Court judge William Hoeveler refuses to block the extradition of former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega to France to face charges. (Reuters)
- Disappearance of Madeline McCann: Portuguese police believe that Kate McCann and Gerry McCann may be involved in their daughters possible death with both parents being named as suspects. (The Telegraph)
- Voters in Morocco go to the polls for the Moroccan parliamentary election, 2007. (BBC)
- Christopher R. Hill, United States Assistant Secretary of State says that North Korea has invited experts from the US, China and Russia to inspect nuclear sites to be disabled. (Bloomberg)
- 2007 Pacific typhoon season: Typhoon Fitow passes over Tokyo with one casualty occurring in Nagano Prefecture last night. (Bloomberg)
- Stephenson King becomes the Prime Minister of Saint Lucia after John Compton dies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?