Monday 7 August 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1933 ?
- Eddie Firmani: South African football player and coach.
- Elinor Ostrom: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).
- Jerry Pournelle: American journalist and author.
- Jerry [Eugene] Pournelle: United States -- Sci-fi author (Mercenary, Red Dragon).
- The Simele massacre: The Iraqi Government slaughters over 3,000 Assyrians in the village of Sumail. The day becomes known as Assyrian Martyrs Day.
- Simele massacre: More than 3,000 Assyrian Iraqis are killed by Iraq government troops.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?