Monday 14 August 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard R Ernst and George King.
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1933 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Richard R Ernst: Swiss chemist and Nobel Prize Laureate.
- George King: American noted family, the son of Admiral King, a distinguished Naval Commander for whom King Hall at the Naval Postgraduate School, is named.
- Just Fontaine: Soccer Player.
- Richard Ernst: Swiss chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jimmie Foxx hits for cycle and sets AL record with 9 RBIs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?