Monday 14 August 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1933 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- George King: American noted family, the son of Admiral King, a distinguished Naval Commander for whom King Hall at the Naval Postgraduate School, is named.
- Richard Ernst: Swiss chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Just Fontaine: Soccer Player.
- Richard R Ernst: Swiss chemist and Nobel Prize Laureate.
- Jimmie Foxx hits for cycle and sets AL record with 9 RBIs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?